On Thursday 15th June, Adele and I attended an awards ceremony at Bournemouth University where we were presented with a trophy for passing and achieving 5 stars, he highest possible achievement for the Bournemouth and Poole Employment and Education Partnership Charter.
The Aim of the Charter is for education and employers to work together so that our young people are prepared for the world of work with the necessary skills, attitudes, experience and motivation.
As a school we work towards the below points with all the students:
- Opportunities to discuss future career choice
- Acquire and demonstrate the employability skills necessary for future employment
- Have information on job opportunities
- Have produced a CV and had interview practice
- An understanding of the different opportunities that come from employed, self-employed and entrepreneurship
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to work with an employer
- Be given information on both vocational and academic routes
- Engage, challenge and achieve self-confidence to believe in themselves
- Gain an understanding of unemployment and its consequences
Assistant Impartial Advice and Guidance (IAG) Support
Employment Support Coordinator